Official Home of SubsoniqRadio.com | Bringing You the Very Best in Progressive Hip Hop Music Since 2001

Best Albums of 2010 – Subsoniq Style

We’ll just let the play list do the talking. Let us know what you think?

DOWNLOAD HERE:

Subsoniq – Best of 2010 – (Albums)
Nas/Damian Marley (Distant Relatives) – As We Enter > Friends > Patience
Theory Hazit (Modern Marvels) – Careless Mister > Late Summer Sun
Damu (How It Should Sound) – Clap & Form Your Soul > Not So Young Anymore
J. Cole (Friday Night Lights-mixtape) – Enchanted > Before I’m Gone
Styles P (The Green Ghost Project) – Shadows > Real Ghostly
Houston Independent Spit District (The Weakend) – Lando > Cranberry
The Roots (How I Got Over) – Radio Daze > How I Got Over
Reflection Eternal (Revolutions Per Minute) – Strangers (Paranoid)-f/Bun B- > In This World
Statik Selektah (100 Proof) – The Thrill Is Gone (f/Styles P, Talib Kweli) > Critically Acclaimed (f/Lil Fame, Saigon, Sean Price)
Big Boi (Sir Luscious Left Foot) – Fo Yo Sorrows (f/George Clinton, Too Short) > Turns Me On (f/Sleepy Brown, Joi)
Homecut (No Freedom Without Sacrifice) – I Don’t Even Know (f/Corrine Bailey) > Time Difference (f/J-Live)
**alternate pick** – Ghostface (Apollo Kids) – In Tha Park (f/Black Thought)
**alternate pick** – Black Milk (Album of The Year) – Deadly Medley (Royce Da 5’9, Elzhi)
Aloe Blacc (Good Things) – I Need A Dollar > What I’m Sayin (Politician) > Mama Hold My Hand

13 Responses to Best Albums of 2010 – Subsoniq Style

1. BrainSlice says:

As usual the picks are spot-on fellas. Nice work throwin’ in Ghostface. Late-comer on the release date but the track with Black Thought kills!

2. mike_nova says:

Is 2011 the year of “In Yo Face Duece Quattro”? Listen and decide for yourself…

3. Joelwi says:

This album is in my top 3 of best albums 2010 : The Left- Gas Mask

4. KB says:

nice suggestion Joelwi, haven’t checked it yet (we were sleepin’) but will do so now!

DQ got an ugly mug, so lets hope not Mike! ha ha

5. Allinone says:

Damu is the future. Y Society is banging no question. The sound Damu produces was only reached by Pete Rock, so Damu uphoalds the tradition. I haven’t listen such a great eastcoast defined sound in the last years.

How it should sound vol 1, 2 is a modern day instrumental classic.

One

6. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Kyle Murdock. Kyle Murdock said: Make sure to download @Subsoniqradio Best Albums of 2010 (http://tinyurl.com/33up4om) shouts to: @Theoryhazit @HISDMusic @Redefrecords […]

7. mello says:

great list of albums, would love to see The Left “Gas Mask” or Oddisee’s “Traveling Man” in there!

8. Ben from the Boards says:

100 percent agree with KB on the Roots album. It really flows nices. Best whole album from them in a while.

9. Ben from the Boards says:

I would add the Exile – Radio AM/ FM. I think this came out after the 2009 Album ” Radio ” which was a Exile Instrumental project (solid album) But AM/FM had guest MCs over the same tracks, some reworked and some guest remixes. I did not like everything on Radio AM/FM, 5 tracks I really liked, others were a bit too experimental beat wise but a nice offering.

10. Ben from the Boards says:

Agreed on Big Boi album. Really like that one. A lot of solid tracks. Throw any of those album cuts on future shows.

11. KB says:

Both great picks Mello, we blasted the hell outta “Miami” from “Traveling Man” over the past year.

Allinone, couldn’t agree more. Damu has the talent to reach the level of a Pete Rock. He’s a longtime friend of the show and its great to see him putting out such amazing music.

Ben, kinda slept on AM/FM but were were up on “Radio”. May have to go back and revisit that one. Thanks for the heads up

Joelwi and Mello, just started listening to The Left’s “Gas Mask” and really feelin’ it so far. Good recommend, not sure how we let that one slip through our hands as we did feature Apollo’s “The Reset” quite a bit in 2010.

12. Ben from the Boards says:

Another sleeper album pick is Louis Logic – Me & Everyone You Know
    It’s his 3rd Album, Brooklyn based MC. I actually liked his other 2 albums from prior years a little better but they are all faves of mine. Nice production on each. Creative story story based rhymes.

13. Ben from the Boards says:

Damu’s How it should sound was dope. According to my Zune pass [http://social.zune.net/member/Farrview], i listened to tracks from that album over 200 times this year. Ahh so yeah I was feeling that one. Looking forward to hearing more from Damu.